At MediaXpress.net we get these questions a lot. So what is the big deal about a Blu-ray disc? Is it just another form of media glutting our market? Nope. The Blu-ray disc is really pretty amazing. Here’s why:
- It looks, feels and smells just like a standard CD or DVD disc. (Okay, we’re kidding about the smell thing.)
- Blu-ray discs hold at least six times the amount of data on a standard DVD disc. And some of the newer advancements increase that storage capacity about ten times.
- Blu-ray discs provide incredible picture quality because the technology utilizes high-definition picture quality. That gives you incredibly sharp, focused lines and colors.
- And that’s why Blu-ray discs has been adopted by almost all movie companies as their standard media, and the list of Blu-Ray disc fans grows daily.
- Blu-ray discs require a specialized disc player, but many Blu-ray disc players also play your CDs and DVDs – all of them – and will take you online.
So Blu-ray discs really are a big deal, and they’re certainly around for the long haul. That’s why at MediaXpress.net we offer Blu-ray discs to all our customers. Consider using Blu-ray discs for your next custom disc project – your clients, fans and customers will really appreciate your choice of the best media format available today.